Liferay 6.1 : Dynamic Data Lists
Liferay 6.1: Dynamic Data Lists
Liferay 6.1 is coming with Dynamic data lists, where in business users can create custom data lists on the fly without any coding required. Here is the steps detailing to achieve the above.
A) Login as Admin
B) Click on Go to > Control Panel in Top Dock bar.
C) Select Dynamic Data List from Portlet listed on left hand sidebar in Control Panel.
This will lead you to landing page for Dynamic Data List.(DDL) Portlet . In this Blog we will create a Sample Birthday Invitation List.
Following are the major steps involved.
- Create Data Definitions for Invitation Data.
- Create a new List using the above data definition.
- Add Data to Birthday Invitation List.
- Display the Birthday Invitation List data in Dynamic Data List Display portlet on a Portal Page.
1. Create Data Definitions for Invitation Data
- Click on Manage Data Definitions button on DDL landing Page. This will open a Popup to create data definitions.
- Click on Add button in Pop Up to add a new definition.
- You will see similar window as when you define WCM Structure in Liferay 6. Its drag and drop UI, you can define the field’s, field’s type for the Definition.
- Create a new definition with name, Birthday Invitation List. Once done Click Save. Close the Pop Up
2. Create a new List using the above data definition
- On DDL Landing Page Click on Add Button to add a new list.
- Fill the Name (John Doe Birthday Invitation), Description in the form. In Data Definition Select Popup, Select the newly created Data Definition in Step 1 Birthday Invitation List .
- Click Save. You will see this list on DDL landing Page.
3. Add Data to Birthday Invitation List.
- Click on John Doe Birthday Invitation List
- You will see Add Record Button.Click on this button. Next screen will provide you the form based on definitions data created in Step 1(Birthday Invitation List). Fill the form to populate the List.
4. Display the Birthday Invitation List data in Dynamic Data List Display portlet on a Portal Page
- Go to a Portal Page.
- Click Add > More from Top Dock Bar.
- Search for Dynamic Data List Display Portlet.
- Add the Portlet to the Page.
- Configure the Portlet to display John Doe’s Birthday Invitation List.