Here are simple steps to link asset publisher portlet between 2 pages. You can click on Read More on Page 1 and you can see the full view on Page 2. Continue reading
Lately I was trying to get data back from response once the Ajax Call is complete. There were few examples and i couldnt find them conclusive enough. Here is the snippet of MVC Portlet in Liferay 6. In this example i am sending a AJAX request with parameters and then getting few parameter back from response using Alloy UI Ajax Call.
It is a very common scenario wherein, when you deploy liferay on Windows environment , you need to run tomcat as windows service. In this blog, i will list the steps to run tomcat as windows service.
Liferay 6.1: Dynamic Data Lists
Liferay 6.1 is coming with Dynamic data lists, where in business users can create custom data lists on the fly without any coding required. Here is the steps detailing to achieve the above.
Last week i was at Liferay West Coast Symposium at Anaheim,CA. Here are few the new features which are scheduled to release in Liferay 6.1
- Dynamic Data List for Business Users: You can define the data list and then end users can populate it as a web form. Admin can generate report, export the list data also
- Integrated Document Library and Images Gallery with ability to mount additional repositories. Major UI overhaul, ability to preview documents.
- Liferay Sync to sync documents library across Mobile, Desktop and Portal
- Content Relationship: For ex, while creating a blog , you can specify an article / image / document relating to that blog
- Customizable pages on a site. User can customize certain portions of the page.
- New Kaleo Workflow designer
- Dynamic Data List Display
- Dynamic Data List Form
- Documents and Media Display
- Recently Downloaded Documents
- Related Assets
- Recent Content
Tags in Liferay
In Liferay you can create Tag Sets, Create Tags within each Tag Set and assign properties to Tags.Once Creation is done, you can assign same tag to multiple assets.
This article describes how the tags data stored internally in Liferay. The Version i used is Liferay 52EE SP5