Here are simple steps to link asset publisher portlet between 2 pages. You can click on Read More on Page 1 and you can see the full view on Page 2. Continue reading
Liferay 6.1: Dynamic Data Lists
Liferay 6.1 is coming with Dynamic data lists, where in business users can create custom data lists on the fly without any coding required. Here is the steps detailing to achieve the above.
Last week i was at Liferay West Coast Symposium at Anaheim,CA. Here are few the new features which are scheduled to release in Liferay 6.1
- Dynamic Data List for Business Users: You can define the data list and then end users can populate it as a web form. Admin can generate report, export the list data also
- Integrated Document Library and Images Gallery with ability to mount additional repositories. Major UI overhaul, ability to preview documents.
- Liferay Sync to sync documents library across Mobile, Desktop and Portal
- Content Relationship: For ex, while creating a blog , you can specify an article / image / document relating to that blog
- Customizable pages on a site. User can customize certain portions of the page.
- New Kaleo Workflow designer
- Dynamic Data List Display
- Dynamic Data List Form
- Documents and Media Display
- Recently Downloaded Documents
- Related Assets
- Recent Content
Here is small snippet of code to check community level role in Themes. You can write the following code in init_custom.vm
#* Check for Community role for logged in user. *# #set ($blogEditorCummunityRole = 'Blog Editor') #set ($userHasBlogEditorRole = 'false') #* Get Role Local Service *# #set ($roleLocalService = $serviceLocator.findService("com.liferay.portal.service.RoleLocalService")) #* Get All community Level Role for current community and Current Logged In User *# #set ($communityRolesforUser = $roleLocalService.getUserGroupRoles($user_id,$group_id)) #* Iterate through the list of roles and Compare the Blog Editor Role *# #foreach ($communityRoleforUser in $communityRolesforUser) #if ($communityRoleforUser.getName() == $blogEditorCummunityRole) #set ($userHasBlogEditorRole= 'true') #end #end
Meet the Experts!
We cordially invite you to join us for a special 3-hour roadshow event hosted by Liferay, Inc. and Youngsoft, Inc. Many companies are finding vast improvements in web site design, management, productivity and ROI using Liferay. With the recent release of Liferay 6 EE, we want to provide our customers a forum to learn about and collaborate on the latest advancements in portals, content and collaboration.
Key technical and business leaders from both Liferay and Youngsoft will be attending and will be available to discuss questions specific to your web projects. Liferay will lead a presentation on the latest advances in portal and web technologies along with a review of Liferay 6 EE, after which Youngsoft will provide an in-depth discussion on Companies Benefiting from Liferay.
The atmosphere will be casual and conducive to networking, discussion and Q&A.
Host: Liferay, Inc. and Youngsoft, Inc
Venue City: Ann Arbor, MI
Date: September, 29th 2010
Time: 11:30 – 2:30 PM
Venue Address: Ann Arbor Brewing Company
114 East Washington Ann Arbor, MI 48104
How to Register: Click here
RSVP suggested, as space is limited. Note that this is a FREE event and that lunch is included.
49197 Wixom Tech Drive
Wixom, MI 48393 USA