Liferay 6 offers feature of Site Templates , where in you can design a site template . Using the newly designed template you can create multiple communities and organization on the fly. Just apply the template while creating those communities .
Site templates is nothing but a community which will act as a template for new communities. It will have Pages , Portlets , Content just as a regular community can.
Here are the steps to create a site template and create a community using the newly created site template.
1) Login as admin. Go to Control Panel -> Site template
2) Create a new site template.
3) Go to Control Panel -> Site template , Click Actions (for the newly created template ) -> Manage Pages to create pages in the newly created template.
4) While creating the pages , you can also use the Page Templates to create a page without any efforts.
Refer this Post. Page Templates
5) Once the page creation is complete. You can browse the template as regular community.
Control Panel -> Site template. Click on template . at the bottom you will see Open Template link.
Once the template is open , you can modify it as a regular community.
6) Now we will create a new community using this template.
Go to Control Panel -> Communities . Click on ADD button to create a new community.
While creating the community you will get the option to select the available templates.
Select the one which we created just. Click Save to Save the community
8 ) Now you can browse the new community. Which we created using the site template.
You can use same template to create multiple communities also.